The Milton Follies Social Media Policy has been developed to serve the best interests of its members.
Milton Follies recognises the importance of the internet to promote its shows, provide audition and rehearsal information, and to better communicate with members.
Milton Follies is committed to supporting people’s rights to interact knowledgeably and socially through electronic communication, blogging and interaction with Social Media.
Meaning of Social Media Applications
Social media are interactive online tools that can be used to easily publish content or access information such as blogs, internet forums or websites. Examples of Social Media Applications are Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter. These tools can be used to submit comments and enter into discussions with others online.
Milton Follies members must not do any of the following:
• Display any photographs or other images of Milton Follies members without their consent;
• Ridicule any Milton Follies member, sponsor or supplier;
• Upload inappropriate website content, and/or engage in blogs that harass, bully, offend, intimidate or humiliate any Milton Follies member, sponsor or supplier;
• State or display anything that would have a negative impact on Milton Follies’ image or reputation.
• Represent or imply that a personal blog is authored or sanctioned by Milton Follies;
• Publish online any material that is in breach of copyright laws.
Bullying and harassment in all forms is regarded by Milton Follies as unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Bullying has the potential to cause great anxiety and distress to the person who has been the target of any comments or statements. In some cases, bullying is regarded as a criminal offence and may be punishable by imprisonment.
Comments of an Offensive Nature
Milton Follies acknowledges that members have the right to contribute content to public communications on websites not operated by Milton Follies, such as Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook or YouTube, However, inappropriate use of such communication has the potential to cause damage to Milton Follies, its members and sponsors.
Milton Follies members should be aware that any comments or opinions expressed via Social Media Applications that are defamatory, discriminatory, slanderous, offensive or intimidating about another person could be considered illegal and may lead to prosecution.
Milton Follies members must not publish any material that may expose Milton Follies Inc. to any possible legal liability. Examples include, but are not limited to, defamation or discrimination of any sort and copyright breaches.
Social Media Guidelines
Milton Follies members need to be very mindful once comments are made or published, they are in public for a long time, and hard to retract.
Milton Follies recommends:
• Do not include personal information about yourself or others in social media channels;
• Do not use offensive, provocative, sexually inapropriate or hateful language.
Comments on our Social Media accounts that do not comply with our guidelines will be removed
• Use your best judgement – do not publish something that makes you the slightest bit uncomfortable, and never write/publish if you are feeling emotional or upset (or are intoxicated);
• Always ask for a person’s permission before posting their picture on a social networking forum;
• Never comment on rumours, do not deny or affirm them or speculate about rumours;
• Always use social network forums to add value and promote Milton Follies in a positive way.
Policy Breaches and Consequences
If any member breaches this policy, Milton Follies may impose sanctions which include but are not limited to:
• A reprimand;
• A direction to make verbal or written apology;
• Imposing a ban on taking part in a Milton Follies related activity;
• Exclusion from participation in a production;
• Exclusion from attendance at Milton Follies productions;
• Referral of the matter to the police.